Summer Leadership Workshop - DISCOVER THE POWER OF INTEGRATED READING and WRITING!
July 17-19, 2019
Harnessing the power of integrated reading-writing instructional tools
In 3 days of professional development, participants learn to integrate 3 target nonfiction writing strategies that impact student performance on end-of-year and end-of-course tests like Georgia Milestones.
1) Paired Texts Assessment Packets
- Content-rich texts that extend power standards of ELA, science, and social studies
- Informational, narrative, and opinion/argument genre
- Proven pacing guide for using the packets
- Setup, prewriting, revision, and evaluation modules that finetune students practice with the writing process
- Mastering responses to texts in three writing genres
- Significant gains in student performance:
- Number of beginning writers approaches zero.
- Number of distinguished writers doubles and triples.
2) Applied Grammar Online
- Computer managed assignments, feedback, grading, and reporting.
- Provides precision keyboarding for fluent responses on Milestones extended writing
- Helps students acquire mature sentence patterns of distinguished writing for Milestones
- Oral, kinesthetic and written practice with sentence patterns that show up immediately in speech and writing
- Significant gains in student performance
- Beginning and developing writers produce proficient writing.
- Proficient writers produce distinguished writing
3) Frequent Writing on Demand
- Boosts student scores on Milestones math, science, and social studies
- Works effectively for lesson activators or closes
- Empowers students to self-assess and peer-respond
- Teaches students to use the language of literature, math, science, and social studies
LEARN How to help teachers prepare for Milestones more efficiently
- Which Writing to Win solutions impact which items on Milestones
- Which performance standards on teacher evaluation instruments best tracks progress with Writing to Win solutions
- How weekly recognition of student performance best fits into your administrative routine
- What leader practices have the greatest impact on student engagement
- How micro-teaching practices increase teacher confidence
There will be time for you to …
- Sketch a master schedule that includes these integrated reading solutions
- Create an annual calendar to support teachers
- Create a schedule of student and teacher recognition to establish and maintain momentum in implementation
You will leave with a plan for promoting proficient and distinguished readers and writers!