Sentence Building – Level 10 homeschool package (includes an option of online access)
This homeschool package includes a teacher manual, student book, online webinars, and video tutorials. These instructional tools support students throughout 29 lessons for crafting simple sentences, combining sentences, building paragraphs, and using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
The lessons follow the workshop model: 1) an oral-kinesthetic mini-lesson, 2) a work session of written practice, and 3) a discussion of the grammatical pattern practiced at the close. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on end-of-year tests of written expression and reading comprehension show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
It’s amazing how our least capable writers and our gifted writers are equally impacted by Sentence Building 10. These lessons are truly the ultimate differentiator.
– A. Antonopolous, 10th grade World Literature teacher
Sentence Building 10 – Teacher manual
- 29 lessons that include acceptable sentence combinations for each language puzzle
- Directions for administering the pretest and posttest writing samples
- Teacher and student guidelines
- Tips for teaching
- Chart for tracking student progress
- Using combining sentences as a revision strategy.
Sentence Building 10 – Online resources (access available with purchase)
- Whiteboard and PowerPoint videos for introducing a new sentence pattern
- Video webinar for creating online classes, making assignments, and reviewing and publishing reports
- Sample pacing guide for level 10.
Sentence Building 10 – student book
This student book includes practice creating the following sentence patterns
- Review of levels 1-9
- Compound subjects in simple sentences
- Compound predicates in simple sentences
- Compound sentence-parts in a series
- Sentences containing special subject-verb agreement
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Extended compound-complex sentences
- Sentences with parallel phrases and clauses
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.