Sentence Building Level 7 homeschool package (includes option of online access)
This homeschool package includes a teacher manual, student book, online webinars, and video tutorials. These instructional tools support students throughout 35 lessons for crafting simple sentences, combining sentences, building paragraphs, and using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
The lessons follow the workshop model: 1) an oral-kinesthetic mini-lesson, 2) a work session of written practice, and 3) a discussion of the grammatical pattern practiced at the close. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on end-of-year tests of written expression and reading comprehension show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
Sentence Building 7 provides yet another revision strategy for student writing beyond Jot and Blend and Writing Leads. Our 7th grade writing scores have never been so strong. This year no students failed to meet the state expectation for written expression.
? N. Svoboda, middle school academic coach
Sentence Building Level 7 – Teacher manual
- 35 lessons that include acceptable sentence combinations for each language puzzle
- Directions for administering the pretest and posttest writing samples
- Teacher and student guidelines
- Tips for teaching
- Chart for tracking student progress
- Using combining sentences as a revision strategy
Sentence Building Level 7 ? Online resources (access available with purchase)
- Whiteboard and PowerPoint videos for introducing a new sentence pattern
- Video webinar for creating online classes, making assignments, reviewing, and publishing reports
- Sample pacing guide for level 7.
Sentence Building Level 7 ? student book
This student book includes practice creating the following sentence patterns
- Review of levels 1-6
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Sentences containing special subject-verb agreement
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Compound-complex sentences
- Extensive practice building paragraphs by reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and homeschool associations.