Sentence Building Level 8 homeschool package (includes an option of online access)
This homeschool package includes a teacher manual, student book, online webinars, and video tutorials. These instructional tools support students throughout 34 lessons for crafting simple sentences, combining sentences, building paragraphs, and using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
The lessons follow the workshop model: 1) an oral-kinesthetic mini-lesson, 2) a work session of written practice, and 3) a discussion of the grammatical pattern practiced at the close. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on end-of-year tests of written expression and reading comprehension show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
I never thought 8th grade boys got excited about creating participle phrases in sentences. I know different now. One of my students even bragged about using a participle correctly in the write up of his science project.
? C. Bemisheimer, middle school principal
Sentence Building Level 8 ? Teacher manual
- 34 lessons that include acceptable sentence combinations for each language puzzle
- Directions for administering the pretest and posttest writing samples
- Teacher and student guidelines
- Tips for teaching
- Chart for tracking student progress
- Using combining sentences as a revision strategy.
Sentence Building Level 8 – Online resources (access available with purchase)
- Whiteboard and PowerPoint videos for introducing a new sentence pattern
- Video webinar for creating online classes, making assignments, reviewing, and publishing reports
- Sample pacing guide for level 8.
Sentence Building Level 8 ? student book
This student book includes practice creating the following sentence patterns
- Review of levels 1-7
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Sentences containing special subject-verb agreement
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound sentence-parts and sentences
- Complex sentences
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Compact sentences with gerunds
- Compact sentences with noun phrases
- Extended compound-complex sentences
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and homeschool associations.