Sentence Building – Level 9 Student Book
This student book includes oral, kinesthetic, and written practice for students to acquire more mature and diverse sentence patterns. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on benchmark writing tests, end-of-grade extended writing responses, and in their independent writing show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
I liked Sentence Building, especially the oral part. It helped me learn to use complex sentences in my class essays and stop writing run-ons. But writing the sentences online was tough. The computer counted typos wrong and capital letters! It made me slow down, so now I type 70 words/minute with 95% accuracy in Business Communications I. That’s really good.
? Ethan P. grade 10 World Literature student
Sentence Building 9 – includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Review of levels 1-8
- Compound subjects in simple sentences
- Compound predicates in simple sentences
- Sentences containing special subject-verb agreement
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Compact sentences with gerunds
- Compact sentences with noun phrases
- Extended compound-complex sentences
- Sentences with parallel phrases or clauses.
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.