Sentence Building – Level 8 student book
This student book includes oral, kinesthetic, and written practice for students to acquire more mature and diverse sentence patterns. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on benchmark writing tests, end-of-grade extended writing responses, and in their independent writing show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
We love Sentence Building 8. Trish, Lashonda, India, and I learn the hand signals before any of the other cooperative groups. We practice them like our basketball cheers. ELA was a little dull before Sentence Building. It gets class off to a good start.
– Charlotte M, Grade 8 student
Sentence Building 8 includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Review of levels 1-7
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Sentences containing special subject-verb agreement
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound sentence-parts and sentences
- Complex sentences
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Compact sentences with gerunds
- Compact sentences with noun phrases
- Extended compound-complex sentences
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.