Sentence Building – Level 6 Student Book
This student book includes oral, kinesthetic, and written practice for students to acquire more mature and diverse sentence patterns. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on benchmark writing tests, end-of-grade extended writing responses, and in their independent writing show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
I’m the best writer in my class so I didn’t want to do Sentence Building. What’s better than the best? Now I use the home row when I keyboard, and I’m accurate when I write on the computer. That’s what is better!
– Jeremy K, Grade 6 student
Sentence Building 6 includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Review of levels 1-5
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound subjects in simple sentences
- Compound predicates in simple sentences
- Compound sentence-parts in a series
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Compact sentences with infinitive phrases
- Simple and compound sentences with appositive phrases and clauses
- Compact sentences with participial phrases
- Compact sentences with past participial phrases
- Compound-complex sentences
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.