Sentence Building – Level 4 Student Book
This student book includes oral, kinesthetic, and written practice for students to acquire more mature and diverse sentence patterns. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on benchmark writing tests, on extended writing responses of end-of-grade tests, and in their independent writing show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
We start English every day with Sentence Building 4. My PAL and I do the hand signals before we write on the computer. My writing is a lot longer. Better sentences just pop out of my head.
– Charlene L., Grade 4 student
Sentence Building 4 includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Interrogative, negative, and imperative sentences
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound subjects in simple sentences
- Compound predicates in simple sentences
- Compound sentence-parts in a series
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Complex sentences with adverb clauses
- Complex sentences with noun clauses
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in Framed Drafts and independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.