Sentence Building – Level 3 Student Book
This student book includes oral, kinesthetic, and written practice for students to acquire more mature and diverse sentence patterns. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on benchmark writing tests, on extended writing responses of end-of-grade tests, and in their independent writing show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
My favorite part [of Sentence Building] is oral practice. Our teams take turns. We say the
answers out loud to Team C. It?s not too hard. We bump our fists for the periods.
We chop our arms the commas. Ms Fuhrman says we look like a dance team.
? Rohit F., Grade 3 student
Sentence Building 3 – includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Simple sentences by matching subjects and predicates
- Interrogative, negative, and imperative sentences
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound subjects or predicates in simple sentences
- Compound subjects or predicates in a series
- Complex sentences with adjective clauses
- Complex sentences with adverb clauses
- Complex sentences with noun clauses
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in Framed Drafts and independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.