Sentence Building – Level 1 teacher package (includes an option of online access)
This teacher package includes a teacher manual, student book, online webinars, and video tutorials. These instructional tools support students throughout 46 lessons for crafting simple sentences, combining sentences, building paragraphs, and using new sentence patterns in their independent writing.
The lessons follow the workshop model: 1) an oral-kinesthetic mini-lesson, 2) a work session of written practice, and 3) a discussion of the grammatical pattern practiced at the close. When students complete 2-3 lessons per week for 15 weeks, their performance on end-of-year tests of written expression and reading comprehension show significant growth.
Note – Student books are consumable. These Sentence Building lessons are also available online.
Each year our students who complete Sentence Building 1 post at least two years growth in syntactic maturity, and their independent writing pieces more than double in length. Their writing shows deeper thought, too.
– C. Williams, 1st grade teacher
Sentence Building 1 – Teacher manual
- 46 lessons that include acceptable sentence combinations for each language puzzle
- Directions for administering the pretest and posttest writing samples
- Teacher and student guidelines
- Tips for teaching
- Chart for tracking student progress
- Using combining sentences as a revision strategy.
Sentence Building 1 – Online resources (access available with purchase)
- Whiteboard and PowerPoint videos for introducing a new sentence pattern
- Video webinar for creating online classes, making assignments, and reviewing and publishing reports
- Sample pacing guide for level 1.
Sentence Building 1 – student book
This student book includes practice creating the following sentence patterns.
- Simple sentences from sentence-parts and non-sentences
- Simple sentences by matching subjects and predicates
- Interrogative, negative, and imperative sentences
- Simple sentences with adverbs and adverb phrases
- Simple sentences with adjectives and adjective phrases
- Compound sentence-parts and sentences
- Complex sentences with noun clauses
- Extensive practice building paragraphs: reordering sentences and identifying topic sentences
- Practice using new sentence patterns in Framed Drafts and in their independent writing.
Call 706-850-5854 for bundle pricing for schools, districts, and home-school associations.